This is the 10th year for the WGC Warhammer 40K GT and for the third year we are incorporating the Texas State 40K Championship and Texas Team Championship into one momentous event. We are looking to have the best event yet this year with some format changes. Below are the details:
- 2000 Points battle forged army with no more than 3 Detachments.
- ITC format i.e.: Beta Rules are in effect, bottom floors of ruins block line of sight.
- Best Overall: A total of Battle Points, Hobby score, and Sportsmanship.
- Best Painted: Will be scored separately by secret judges on Sunday. You must have a Hobby score of 10 to qualify for Best Painted.
- Best General: Will be based on top ITC score for the event.
- Best Sport: Will be judged on Best Game Vote.
The Texas Circuit Championships are open to all players and teams who participate in the Texas GT circuit. You don’t even have to be from Texas. So how do you win? Each player’s top 3 scores from the Texas GTs will be added together. So you will need to attend at least 3 of the 5 events to qualify. Because each of the different Texas GTs has their own flavor and scoring system, your placing in the event will determine your Championship score (i.e. First Place is 1 point, Second Place is 2 points, etc.). The lowest score will determine who goes home with the coveted Texas Champion’s Belt!
Team scoring will be similar to the championship. The top 5 finishers of each team at each GT will be added together. The team with the lowest score across 3 of 5 GTs will be the Texas Circuit Team Champion. This means your team will need to have at least 5 players in at least 3 GTs to qualify. Team hopping to pad scores will be discouraged, and any player doing so will have their scores disallowed.
Players can increase their odds of winning by attending more events and trying to better their scores. Teams can increase their odds also by bringing more members. This also helps to discourage drops at all events as every place a player drops adds a point to that player’s score.
Awards will be given out at WGC, and in the event of a tie, the players’ WGC GT scores will determine the winner.
So, get ready! Bring your best game, bring your friends, and take on the:
Texas Warhammer 40K Circuit
More details coming soon!
We look forward to seeing y’all there!
10:30 - 7:45 Saturday, 10:30 - 4:30 Sunday
Five games, tickets $70 -- Get registered!
Do you want to play 40K with your buddy and not play those same “boring” missions they play in the Grand Tournaments? Well then, you should sign up for the WarGamesCon 40K Team Event! Come join the fun with some wacky missions, beer and great 40K moments!
1000 points per player. 2000 points per team. 2 Detachments per player. 1 warlord per team.
Armies must be fully painted and based or you CANNOT play.
Do not build optimized Grand Tournament lists, this is supposed to be fun and we will do our best to limit submitted lists that look like they are full of cheese. Lists need to be submitted to email@example.com no later than Aug 7th. Each day beyond the deadline will incur a minus one Command Point deduction.
Friday Aug 17th.
Round 1: 10:00am-12:30pm
Round 2: 1:45pm-4:15pm
Round 3: 4:30pm-7:00pm
WGCX presents the finest in 40K Narrative Events, presented by The Narrative Guys!
Faction-based narrative play, featuring short three-mission campaigns each day. In solo and multiplayer battles, faction teams work together to accomplish missions customized to each faction team. Dynamic mission sets and flexible force structures let you adapt to your mission and achieve victory!
10-7 Friday and Saturday
Narrative Free Play
Enjoy casual open play on our high-quality tables, or join us for Dan's Crazy Game - a multi-player event of epic proportions.
Tickets $70, one ticket covers all Narrative Events -- Get registered!
The WGC Age of Sigmar GT is a five-game, 2000 points Pitched Battle tournament over two days -- and this will be the first Age of Sigmar event of this scope at WarGamesCon! Scoring will be based on victory in battle with bonuses scored for painting and sportsmanship. In addition, there will be five Secret Missions that can be scored in each battle to add to your score.
These missions will add interesting strategic choices to you as a general in the tournament; and along with rewards for hobby excellence, honorable play, and competency in generalship, the first WGC Age of Sigmar GT Champion will be crowned as a total master of the Mortal Realms. There will be prizes, trophies, and a good time to be had no matter your experience level!
We will have an information pack with more details soon -- but you want to get registered for this premiere event now, because there are a limited number of slots for this GT.
5 games, tickets $40 -- Get registered!
Warhammer Underworlds is coming to WarGamesCon! Put your deck building skills to the test as you compete for plastic, swag, and the first ever official WarGamesCon Warhammer Underworlds Grand Champion trophy!
The Grand Clash will be held on Friday, Aug 17th and run from 11:00 am - 8:00 pm. The tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss, followed by a final Grand Finals set between the top two players. Each round is best-of-3 and 90 minutes in length.
Players will compete with a single warband, objective, and power deck. Please bring a list of cards being used in your decks. No alterations to the decks can be made during the tournament.
There will also be a number of other awards up for grabs, including Best Painted Warband and Sportsmanship!
Here is a quick rundown of the tournament schedule:
Friday, August 17th
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am Final signups and decklist checks
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm First Round
- 12:40 pm - 2:10 pm Second Round
- 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm Break Time!
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Third Round
- 4:40 pm - 6:10 pm Fourth Round
- 6:10 pm - 6:30 pm Break Time (for finalists)
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Grand Finals!
Tickets $20.00 -- Get registered!
Whether you are a new player, seasoned veteran or just want to relax and play some casual
games we have an event for you. We’re also happy to announce that the WGC Masters
Tournament is both an official Iron Gauntlet Qualifier and Warmachine Weekend Wildcard
Friday: 10am - 10pm Saturday: 9am - 10pm Sunday: 9am - 3pm
Iron Arena is unstructured casual play. You earn points by playing pickup games throughout the
weekend on the Iron Arena tables. You can play any point level you want and earn extra points
by completing special objectives and playing people from different cities. Redeem your points at
Iron Arena HQ from some great prizes!
Iron Arena will also have 4 man Caster Draft pods available and Extreme Colossal Wrestling!
These games will earn you points just like regular games. Also, for each event you complete
you will also earn 10 Iron Arena points.
Throughout the entire weekend playing fully painted will also earn you extra Iron Arena points!
Registration: 10 -10:45am Round 1: 11am
When the 2018 Champions packet is released some details may change.
● 2 lists. 75pts. 60min death clock
● Champions no longer has a painting requirement
● Will use latest 2018 Champions packet
Registration: 1 -1:45am Draft Starts: 2pm
Create your own caster by drafting packs of cards with your opponents.
● 1 list. 50pts. 60min death clock
● Bring a small based model to represent your caster
● Create your list assuming your caster has 30 jack/beast points
● Theme forces are allowed
● Full Info: https://privateerpress.com/organized-play/caster-draft
Masters Qualifier - Steamroller
Registration: 9 - 9:45am Round 1: 10am
When the 2018 Masters packet is released some details may change
● 2 lists. 75pts. 60min death clock
● Top 8 qualify for Sunday WGC Masters
● Will use latest 2018 Steamroller/Masters packet
‘Tower of Azareth’ Narrative Event
Registration: 12pm - 12:45pm Round 1: 1pm
● 16 Player Limit
● 2 lists. 50pts. Themes can be used.
● Bring an extra small based Faction model to mark your location on the map.
● This is a narrative Steamroller event with some unique twists. Players will collect Orgoth artifacts(dice) and at the end of the event whoever has the most power (determined by rolling all your collected dice) wins!
2 vs 2 Doubles Event
Registration: 9 - 9:45am Round 1: 10am
● Grab a teammate and combine forces. Each player brings a 25pt army led by 1 warcaster/warlock, character restrictions apply across both armies.Teammates do not need to play the same faction.
● 25pts, 1 list per player, 60min death clock
● Teams will play together on the same table, only 1 activation may happen at a time.
● 3 round limit, standard tie-breakers apply
WGC Masters - Iron Gauntlet Qualifier & WMW Wildcard Series
Registration: 9:15 - 10am Round 1: 10:15am
We are very excited to announce our Masters Tournament is both a official Iron Gauntlet
Qualifier* and a Warmachine Weekend Wildcard Series**.
● Limited to the qualified players from previous event
● 2 lists. 75pts. 60min death clock
● Will use latest 2018 Masters rules
● Winner will receive a free pass to Warmachine Weekend*
● All Masters players earn Warmachine Weekend Invitational Points
● Winner is qualified for the Iron Gauntlet World Championship at next Lock & Load
● Top 3 players earn Iron Gauntlet points to be used at the next Lock & Load
* Iron Gauntlet Qualifier Info http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/iron-gauntlet
* 32 players needed in qualifier to count as an IGQ
** Warmachine Weekend Wildcard Info
Day Pass $20, All Access Pass $50 -- Get registered!
Blood Bowl combines football with the Warhammer universe, giving teams the opportunity to fight for supremacy on the pitch instead of the battle field. With 5 rounds of Swiss format fun, join us to see if you've earned the favor of Nuffle during this 2-day tournament.
Download the full packet for this event for complete details.
$30 for all Blood Bowl events -- Get registered!
We are pleased to announce the Guild Ball tournament for WarGamesCon X! The tournament will follow the standard rules outlined in the organized play document, and all models for general release are available for use in the tournament. We will have table space for 16 people in the tournament with potentially additional tables available for open play. Prizes are available for the Top 3 finishes and a separate prize is available for Best Painted.
Tournament Date: Friday, August 17 2018
Each round is scheduled for 2 hours, but depending on player speed these exact round times will likely change. In general, the next round will follow 15 minutes after the previous round completes.
- Arrival & Registration: 9:00-10:00
- Round 1: 10:00 – 12:00
- Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00
- Round 2: 1:15-3:15
- Round 3: 3:30-5:30
- Round 4: 5:45-7:45
This event will register with Longshanks and will receive additional prize support from SFG with enough pre-registration signups. Contact TO/Austin pundit Nathan Heep (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Get Registered! The WCGX Guild Ball tournament is only $20.00 and we know they'll go fast!